Download WordML Version
St Louis, MO
2016 - 2017
I have been a contractor at Centene working on various projects providing C# and Web API expertise to the development.
C#, Web API, REST, Agile, Scrum, JSON, XML
- My initial project was assisting in a C# proxy which accepted requests from the new Pega CRM system as REST API calls and interfaced with multiple backend data sources using additional Web APIs and SQL to collect the data required in the requests. I added additional end points for retrieving data from other Web APIs.
- I provided assistance and guidance for a Web API implementation that was created by an intern at Centene. This included showing debugging techniques and general coding guidance. The purpose of this project was to give the intern a real world project and in the end provide Centene a starting point for future enhancement.
- I wrote a replacement image viewer which would locate the stored documents in one of multiple locations. This was written as a Web API called from a web page. The service would query a SQL database for possible images to view and then locate the images in one of two different Web API sources. Part of this was a handler that would convert the retrieved data into a PDF file for viewing.
- I updated a data import application to increase throughput and reduce errors in processing. The performance increase was done by adding async processing where profiling determined it would provide the best benefit. This was an application that synchronized data from an external data source updating the currently stored information. The external data source provided the updated information in XML format and the currently stored data was in a Microsoft CRM application.
- Assisted in setting up continuous builds and deployments using Jenkins.
- Created an automated test of builds and deployments, also automated the generation of sanitized data to use for testing and validation.
- Created a Proof Of Concept Web API to be used by MicroStrategy for use as a reporting API.
St Louis, MO
2013 - 2016
I was a software developer contracted to Boeing.
C++, C#, TCP-IP, HTTP CGI, COM, JSON, SNMP, XML, REST, COM, VB6
- Firmware loader updates in C++. Windows XP embedded system using a Web CGI application written in C++ to update the electronics on F15 jets. Added the additional functionality to support ARINC 615A data loading protocol, this required implementing a multithreading TFTP server in the CGI application. Also updated a load protocol using the NFS file system for transferring files.
- Ancillary computer system software written in C#. Handler wrappers written in C# to control special instruments and hardware used for testing F18 avionics. Implemented a plug-in architecture to provide custom implementations. Commands received from RPC calls originating from test programs on VMS to control custom instruments and hardware. Hardware controlled included Cisco Switches, Geist PDU, VNA, and RFIU. Provided API’s to communicate over Ethernet, RS232 serial communications, and VISA (Virtual Instrument Software Architecture). Provided ability to reset hardware back to factory defaults and then reconfigure for actual use. This project used the SI2 system (below). With the custom protocols I also used SNMP and RestAPIs for communicating with devices.
- Remote Procedure Server written in C++. Provide a RPC system to allow communications between computer systems, primarily VMS and Windows. Created .Net and C libraries for Windows and C library for VMS. Implemented as multithreaded Windows service using TCP as communication between clients and service, also used TCP for communications between service and handlers. Allowed for multiple client controller applications to control multiple handlers.
- Various smaller projects which included: Updating a system written in VB6 and C++ for Windows XP to allow running on Windows 7; Reviewing a 20 year old 'C' program to find differences in output of C# replacement; Using OCX controls in Internet Explorer without installation.
St Louis, MO
2000 - 2013
Foglight Transaction Recorder (FTR) is a native Win32 Windows application which makes heavy use of COM using MFC and ATL. It is primarily written in C++ with some C# and Java components. I wrote the client side to record the user actions and talk to a web service for publishing files to server. Using network capture libraries I did network packet parsing, primarily HTTP traffic extracting timing information.
- Record user interactions in a hosted Internet Explorer control from a MFC application.
- Publish recorded scripts to server using SOAP Webservices. This was done with a C# module called from the MFC application.
- Replay user interactions in a hosted Internet Explorer control from a Windows service on a schedule. This was done allowing multiple scripts to be executed on different schedules, each potentially as a different Windows user, and each accessing a different website.
- Java process to interface with Quest Foglight.
- JNI interface for Java process interfacing with Linux C API.
- Code generation from XML configuration files to create JNI interfaces. This was a C# application that read an XML file and wrote C language source files to a JNI interface that was built and called on Linux from a Java application.
- Scripted the creation and usage of Virtual Machines running on Hyper-V to allow testing multiple versions of Windows with multiple versions of Internet Explorer.
Centergistic Solutions, Inc.
St Louis, MO
2000 - 2000
After 6 months the project was cancelled and the St Louis office closed.
Phone Switch Interfaces.
Application And NT Service Design.
Provided Scheduling Services.
Configuration and testing tools.
Programming Technical Assistance.C++, MFC, WindowsNT, Sqlserver (ODBC, ADO, DTS)
St Louis, MO
1999 - 2000
Design Implementation In Visual Basic.
Porting Of FORTRAN Programs From Digital-VMS to IBM-AIX.
Porting Of 'C' Programs from IBM-AIX To MS-Windows NTVisual C++, Visual Basic, FORTRAN, ODBC, MS-Windows NT, MS-Windows95
Data Research Associates
St Louis, MO
1995 - 1998
Object Oriented Design.
Created CORBA Server and Client Programs.
Programming Technical Assistance.
Configuration Tools.C++, WindowsNT, Windows95, OODBMS, COBRA, UML
Austin Peay State University
Bachelors of Science Degree - Information Systems Option
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Individual Mathmatics Course